We spent our weekend practically eating.
Saturday, July 26th was my nephew JJ's birthday celebration. Although his actual birth date was July 27th, his mom decided to celebrate on a satuday. It was a rare family get together... Especially now that all of us married kids in the family have moved out, its really rare that we get to see each other. The kids were also excited to spend time with their cousins. My Bryan didn't miss the chance to play with his cousins too. But his main concentration was to ride his dad's car. Well, at least the kids enjoyed their short moment together.
July 27th, 2008. Sunday was my good friend's daughter's christening and 1st birthday party. I was actually lazy to attend the celebration but I couldn't forego because I was one of the ninangs! It was fun though because I got to be with one of my closest friend Nika, whom I haven't seen in a long while. Having our own families really precluded us from going out. But, it really is not a big deal for me. I guess I'm done and over with gimmicks! I've had enough gimmicks in my single life to last me a lifetime. Although I do not discount the fact that its also good to have fun once in a while. I could have regretted not having attended this party.
Though the weather did not cooperate, it was an afternoon spent well. My Bryan was so fascinated with the balloons and everything that he can scrutinize. Including the telephone! Hay! Ang kulit!
It was a cold rainy afternoon and the we learned that the storm signal was raised to signal # 1 that morning. But the weather failed to dumpen our spirits! Nika and I just spent the afternoon making up for lost time! Though the the whole afternoon wasn't enough to catch on. I was happy to be with Nika's family, including her ever supportive mother. Sarap ng food at lahat sila sila lang ang nagluto! Being with old friends is really one way of unwinding.Kahit pano nawawala ang stress! The afternoon was quick to come to an end and we had to hurry home lest we would be soaked wet in the strong rain that battered the whole afternoon. Everyone of us was full and we decided to retire for the day early ready for work the next day.

No comments:
Post a Comment