Nov 25, 2008

the other side of me

Aside from my busy life as an Accountant, I am also a mother and kitchen freak.
I just love to cook.

I usually stay home on weekends and fix up a meal for my family.
Its my way of making up for not being been able to cook on weekdays.

My helper is quite as skilled in the kitchen. I was able to train her and now she is doing well when it comes to cooking. She now knows her way around the kitchen well.. and I take all the credit for that. Ahemm!!!
She does the cooking on weekdays and on days that I could not be home on time to cook so that my family could eat on time.

However, when I am home, the kitchen is my kingdom. I try as much as possible to cook or bake on days that am off from work.

I find it therapeutical. It relieves me from all the pressure and the stress that I have to deal with at work.

Last Saturday, my baking skills went full swing. I am into baking brandied fruitcakes again. Am thinking selling them just in time for the holidays!

I brought samples at work and they all loved it. Now, I'm down to real business!!!
I realized, that if I weren't and CPA now, I would have been a chef!!!
Although I'm still open for that possibility.
I still dream going to culinary school and experiment on food and all that cooking.
Anyhoodle, that is still a remote possibility especially now that we're trying to conceive another angel.

Until my next baby comes, my culinary skills have to take the back sit.

No comments: