Last Friday night my son came up to me while I was watching TV and said, " Mom, bad news.. I have a lose tooth." I said, "Anak, that's not bad news, its a normal thing and it happens as you grow older. You're milk teeth will soon be replaced by permanent teeth."
My son is turning six this month and I couldn't believe how time flies.
It all seems like yesterday that he was handed to me by the nurse in the hospital. I remember so well seeing him for the first time, in my hospital room. I remember what it felt like to look at him and carry him in my arms. So tiny, so fragile yet brought so much joy to my heart.
I remember all those sleepless nights that I have to comfort him to sleep because of a colic. All those round the clock feeding time with barely a few hours of sleep.
I remember him walk for the first time.
I remember him learn to talk.
I remember his eye surgery when he was 6 months old. He woke up the next day playing like nothing happened.
I remember how when he saw his ading in the hospital the day she was born, he thought the new baby was a doll he could carry around. The instinct of a big brother came to him naturally. He is now so protective and very caring to his little sister.
I remember his first day in school.
He is now in grade 1. Turning six and making his parents proud.
And as days go by, he turns out to be so smart and so wise beyond his age.
I think he teaches me more than I teach him. He makes me realize that life, in the eyes of a child, so simple yet can be so magnificent.
My son, you will grow and out grow your need of me.
One day, when you're all grown up, and you will be able to read this blog, you will realize how mom and dad are so proud of you.
Each day is so full of life since you came to us.
Thank you for teaching us more of the value of life just by being you.
Bryan, my strong and mighty one, you bring so much joy to my heart!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment