May 12, 2008

the heart of a mother


Yesterday was Mom's day.

I didn't really know what this day means until I became a mother myself.

I used to think that Mother's Day was just one day to let our mothers know how much we appreciate their efforts in making taking care their kids.

For me now, its more of a day of celebrating love.


Motherhood became me when I brought my Bryan into this world.
Now, I don't just know, I absolutely experience every meaning of the word "Mother."
From the moment I set my eyes on my Bryan,
the day I first cradled him into my arms,
I experienced an emotion I could not fathom.
I only know, my life will never be the same.
Never was it ever since!
There is nothing more rewarding on this earth than seeing my baby grow day by day.
Nothing is more gratifying to witmess that a little seed that has grown in my womb
is uhurriedly turning into an individual.

A life I brought to this world.

My whole world now revolves around this little family that I have created.
I now dare my existence with every urge to nurture Bryan will all my affection;
to bequeath him of all the love I have in my heart.
To shelter him from any form of harm.
To just simply love him til every bone in my body aches because I have given all of me.
I shall cradle him in my arms til he grows.
And when he gets older, and when he has to live his own life,
Like a bird with wings to spread and fly
And leave his mother's nest,
I will be right where he left me.
For when he needs me, I shall be there for him, to cradle him
to hold him, to mend his broken wings.
I will be a mother to him,
though he molds his own family,
to teach him to love,
to love him more so that his children shall grow how i raised him.
Forever, I will be a mother to you..

..Bryan

... and for the babies to come..
This is how I will love you.






No comments: